For job openings, please check our German website.
The Aspen Institute Germany offers three-month internships for university students starting 2018. During the internship, you will learn how a non-profit organization in the political sector works and you will be involved in as many of the Institute’s fields of activity as possible. As a part of the Aspen Institute Germany, you will gain insight into the practices and processes of foreign affairs in Berlin. In addition, you will take part in the public events of the Institute.
The internship includes the following tasks and duties:
- general administrative support of day-to-day activities
- research for the Executive Director
- research for the public program events
- assistance in the preparation and follow-up of public evening events
- support for the preparation of conferences
Applicants should have the following qualifications and skills:
- university enrollment in the 4th to 9th semester of social sciences, humanities, or economics
- knowledge of German-American relations
- excellent German and English skills, ideally proven by periods spent abroad or certificates
- sound knowledge of MS Office software, especially Microsoft Excel
- interest in social media
- knowledge of layout programs of advantage
- existing work or volunteer experience
- a friendly and sincere attitude
- proven ability to perform reliably and diligently
Internships are generally unpaid, but our interns take part in high-level evening events and conferences. All interns are entitled to two days of vacation per month.
Please submit your application, including your CV and certificates, to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your preferred starting and end dates.