There are currently no positions available.
The Aspen Institute Germany offers three-month internships for university students starting November and December 2017. During the internship, you will learn how a non-profit organization in the political sector works and you will be involved in as many of the Institute’s fields of activity as possible. As a part of the Aspen Institute Germany, you will gain insight into the practices and processes of foreign affairs in Berlin. In addition, you will take part in the public events of the Institute.
The internship focuses on the Leadership Programs and the Public Programs and included, but is not limited to, the following tasks and duties:
- general administrative support of day-to-day activities
- research for the Executive Director
- support for the preparation of the Aspen Seminar
- research for the public program events
- assistance in the preparation and follow-up of public evening events
- support for the preparation of conferences
Applicants should have the following qualifications and skills:
- university enrollment in the 4th to 9th semester of social sciences, humanities, or economics
- knowledge of German-American relations
- excellent German and English skills, ideally proven by periods spent abroad or certificates
- sound knowledge of MS Office software, especially Microsoft Excel
- interest in social media
- existing work or volunteer experience or
- a friendly and sincere attitude
- proven ability to perform reliably and diligently
Internships are generally unpaid, but our interns take part in high-level evening events in addition to one day of the Aspen Seminar. All interns are entitled to two days of vacation per month.
Please submit your application, including your CV and certificates, to email@example.com, stating your preferred starting and end dates.