Under the umbrella of the Aspen Institute Germany, BerlinDialogue and the Zentrum Liberale Moderne, the event series, “The Future of Food & Farming”, pushes the often ideologically driven discussion about agriculture into the middle of societal discourse.
We as a society have a clear expectation of agriculture: to contribute to environmental protection and nature conservation on the one hand, and to ensure the supply of nutritious and high quality food for the population on the other. Farmers face extreme challenges in this regard: climate change, a rapidly growing world population, limited arable land. Resources must be used effectively and in an environmentally friendly manner in order to ensure sustainable food security. Through this series of events, we aim to engage in a productive discussion about these and other challenges with diverse stakeholders.
The event series is organized with the support of our partners Bayer CropScience, Microsoft Germany and YouGov. For access to the media library and information about future events, please visit the project page: www.foodandfarming.net.
Events in the Series
- Species Savior Arable Farming? The Way to a more Sustainable Agriculture (March 16, 2023)
- Food – at what Price? (November 22, 2022)
- Avoiding hunger – ways out of the global food crisis (June 22, 2022)
- Food security in times of crisis (March 16, 2022)
- Give us today our daily bread – bus is it enough for everyone? (November 23, 2021)
- Give us today our daily bread – but what about tomorrow? (Nov 9, 2021)
- Give us today our daily bread – but how? (July 7, 2021)
- Program Director
- Phone: +49 (0) 30 804 890 13
- Program Officer (parental leave)
- Phone: +49 (0) 30 804 890 19
- Junior Program Officer
- Phone: +49 (0) 30 804 890 15
- Program Assistant
- Phone: +49 (0) 30 804 890 17