Student Assistant (m/f/d, 20h/week) in the Digital Program
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a dedicated student assistant (m/f/d) 20 h/week to join the digital program of the institute by August 1st 2022. The position is until (including) December 2022.
The Aspen Institute is an international, non-partisan, non-profit institution working to strengthen a free, open and just society. Through workshops, conferences, and roundtable discussions with international stakeholders from politics, business, academia, and culture, Aspen Germany focuses on issues of social responsibility, political leadership, AI, digitization and media literacy, the environment, sustainability, and social justice. Against the backdrop of the opportunities digitization offers and the challenges that accompany it, Aspen Germany’s Digital Program works on the most pressing questions about technology and its impact on the lives of Germans, Europeans and the global community.
- Organizational support in the preparation, execution and follow-up of events and workshops (virtual, hybrid, live)
- Support in the conception and implementation of larger conference formats (hybrid)
- Content research for the preparation, planning and results of events, publications, podcasts
- Support with participant management and support
- Support of social media management and content creation (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube)
- Support with project proposals
- Support of the institute management
- Database maintenance
- Enrollment at a university
- Interest in international politics, especially digital policy issues
- Very good English and German language skills, both written and spoken (mandatory)
- Experience with social media
- Commitment, diligence and reliability
- Ability to work in a team
- Flexibility and self-motivation
Please send your complete application documents (cover letter, resume, references, job references) exclusively by e-mail and in one PDF document with the subject “Application Program Assistant Digital” to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2022. Interviews will be held promptly and virtually.
The Aspen Institute Germany offers three-month internships for university students. During the internship, you will learn how a non-profit organization in the political sector works and you will be involved in as many of the Institute’s fields of activity as possible. As a part of the Aspen Institute Germany, you will gain insight into the practices and processes of foreign affairs in Berlin. In addition, you will take part in the public events of the Institute.
The internship includes the following tasks and duties:
- general administrative support of day-to-day activities
- research for the Executive Director
- research for the public program events
- assistance in the preparation and follow-up of public evening events
- support for the preparation of conferences
Applicants should have the following qualifications and skills:
- university enrollment in the 4th to 9th semester of social sciences, humanities, or economics
- knowledge of German-American relations
- excellent German and English skills, ideally proven by periods spent abroad or certificates
- sound knowledge of MS Office software, especially Microsoft Excel and Word
- interest in social media
- knowledge of layout programs of advantage
- existing work or volunteer experience
- a friendly and sincere attitude
- proven ability to perform reliably and diligently
Please submit your application, including your CV and certificates, to email@example.com, stating your preferred starting and end dates.